Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Day 100

Today it is 100 days until the walk in San Diego! This morning I got up and realized I really need to get my butt in gear and start walking! I have done a training walk with others that are participating in the The 3 Day and I've walked here and there when time and weather permits but this is serious now!

So today I got up at 6am, well really 5:30am when my alarm went off and then again 9 min later and then again another 9min later and then when my cat Chuck started scratching at the bathroom door! Anyway, I got dressed and I was on the road at 6:11am. It's supposed to be HOT HOT HOT this week so I wanted to get started before the heat was on! I walked 4 miles, even though my training schedule said to do 3 miles, but I know what 4 miles is on my route so I figured what's an extra mile! It wasn't too bad, my dogs are barking a little bit but not anything body glide or these really cool things you put on your feet where you have the most friction, these tools I believe are going to be my saving grace for this walk!

I love walking in the early morning. It's peaceful, the birds are up and chirping looking for their morning breakfast, the bunnies are hopping around eating the dew covered grass. There's no phones (with the exception of my cell phone "just in case of an emergency"), no TV, no one other than me and the road and the birds and the bunnies. I'm lucky where I live, about 2 miles of my walk are within where I live so not too much traffic, the other 2 miles is out on a main road with lots of hills and challenges so it makes it for a nice training loop.

So I was on the road at 6:11am and I got back to my house at 7:15am, not too bad. Tomorrow calls for cross training, so I'm going to go through my exercise DVD's and see what I can find!

Well that's it for now, I'll write tomorrow after my workout.

Take care!

No comments: